Download and print a Sample & Effects Record
First download a blank Sample & Effects Form (PDF document) using the link below and then follow the instructions to submit your sample.
To submit your sample follow these steps
(Please note 'Sample' = Substance (pills, tablets, powders, liquids etc...)
Step 1: Secure the sample
- If the sample is a powder make sure that it is secured before being placed into a WEDINOS bag / leak proof container. The sample can be secured by wrapping it in paper, cling film or foil for example.
- Place the sample inside a WEDINOS bag or a leak-proof container, such as a sealable polythene bag or a siftproof container and seal.
- N.B. Only one sample type per sample bag.
- Do not submit any paraphernalia e.g. barrels / pipes / syringes. Samples contained within these items will not be analysed.
Step 2: Download / print and complete the Sample & Effects form
- Please complete all questions, write N/A if anything is 'not applicable'.
- The effects section is used to record effects experienced, following use of the sample only. If the sample has not yet been used do not complete this section.
Step 3: Generate a Reference Code
- Generate a Reference Code by clicking on the button below:
- Clearly write the Reference Code on the sample bag/container
- Clearly write this Reference Code at the top of the Sample & Effects form
- Make a note of this code - you will need it to find out your result.
Step 4: Seal the Sample & Effects form and sample
- Place the Sample & Effects form along with the sealed sample into a separate envelope
Step 5: Submit your sample
Post your sample to:WEDINOS Project
Cardiff Toxicology Laboratories
University Hospital Llandough
Step 6: Get your results
- Results will be posted within a few days
- Enter your barcode number in the 'Sample Result' section to find your results
Identified in Poland: • N-(2-(dimethylamino)cyclohexyl)-N-methylbenzo[d][1,3]dioxole-5-carboxamide (3,4-methylenedioxy-U-47700)a NPS Opioid
There have been recent deaths and hospitalisations relating to substance use at festivals.: Be aware that over the past few years there has been an increase in the dosage and purity of substances available, in particular MDMA ‘Ecstasy’ pills. Increased purity and dosage means an increase in potential for adverse effects. Pills and powders etc.. may not contain what is intended, different substances have different doses,effects, time of onset and duration. Where WEDINOS have tested pressed pills; the result relates only to the samples analysed and cannot be used to indicate the contents, profile or quality of a wider batch of the substance. This is always the case despite pills having the same logo, shape size and colour.